Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 5 & Still Cheating

Weight: 182.8
Amount Lost: 1.2 lbs.

Wow!  I'm amazed that I lost anything once again.  I guess being on the low calorie diet will make that happen regardless of how well I behave.  I do think I may have to add in one extra meat a day.  I know it's not exactly protocol, but it's my wieght loss and I have to do what's best for me.  My body lives off protien.  It's funny though, chicken fills me up more than fish.  I figured that out yesterday.  I made a soup for dinner and will post the recipe at the bottom here.  Diet or not, it was awesome!  For lunch I had lemon pepper flounder.  I forgot to go get dill out of the garden to go with it.  I do think I'll be having onions with most meals.  They add a lot to a meal.

As for the cheating, I stress eat.  Did I mention that?  Well, yesterday I had an Oscar-Meyar hot dog, a bite of mac and cheese and a few fried squash.  I wonder how much more I would lose without all that.  Regardless, I've lost 2.2 lbs. in 3 days.  (I'm not counting the loading.)  I wish I was seeing the more rapid weight loss that was talked about, but I'm sure it has something to do with my cheating side!  I think I may need to add in some walking to help speed things up.

And now for the soup...

1/2 medium onion diced
2 Roma tomatoes (cut in half and sliced)
100 grams chicken breast (fat removed)
1/2 can chicken broth
1/4 paprika, curry, ground mustard, garlic (use fresh if you have it)
Dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce.

Cook the onion, being careful not to burn it.  Since oil is banned, this will be a pain. You may need to add broth if necessary.  While that is going, slice the chicken breast into thin pieces and then dice it into bite size bits.  When the onions are translucent, add in the chicken. Give it a few minutes to cook. It's okay if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.  Then add in the tomatoes.  Let those cook for a few minutes.  After that, add in the chicken broth.  Scrap the bottom of the pan for any burnt bits.  These will add flavor.   Add salt if neccesary.   Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy. 

P.S.  I know you are not suposed to mix veggies.  I don't care.  I will be mixing some veggies to enhance flavor where necessary. I'm a flavor addict in addition to being a food addict!

No comments:

Post a Comment