Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Ran 3 Whole Minutes!!!

Weight: 177.4

Wow!  Actually it was three minutes and 10 seconds, but whose counting!  Daniel and I went to the gym.  About 5 minutes in, I decided to do the interval thing and see if I could run for a minute.  It sucked and I was huffing and puffing like a fool, but I did it.  Then about five minutes later I recovered enough to move on to the next minute bout and right at the end, I finished the run with another minute.  So now that I have that baseline, I can't go back.  Daniel and I are planning on going all next week and making this a new lifestyle change.  I'm planning on running a race at some point.  And this new beginning is going to get me there.  My neighbor can already go two miles.  I have a long way to go if I want to match her, but running each day will get me there.  And, Lord willing, it will help me shed a lot of extra weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment