Thursday, July 8, 2010

Eating Healthier Day 1

Weight: 177.6

Ha!  Dieting cracks me up!  You just keep doing it over and over again.  You stop, you gain, you start and the cycle continues.  I stopped dieting when Ashton got hit with the mono thing a few weeks ago.  It was hard because I wanted to lose weight fast.  But in the long run, I think it was for the best.  The lack of food was making me insanely cranky.  I hate being like that.  If I start it again, I'm going to strive for 1200 calories.  Having only 500 is nuts.  I'm glad that some folks find great success at it, but it's not for me.

On a good note, I'm started eating better again and it's slowly paying off.  The stomach flu gig knocked me around some, but I'm back and ready to get this thing going. I'm going to be cutting out most white wheat carbs. I'm trying to let go of pasta.  I may still have some small amounts here and there.  I need to add some more yogurt in my diet and I'm upping my meat intake.  That along with eating fresh veggies will help me shred some of these pounds.

Speaking of shredding, Daniel and I are hitting the gym daily next week.  Lord willing no sick children or adults will prevent us from making that dream a reality!  And I'm going to start working towards my goal of running a 5k.  My neighbor is up to running two miles and I'm jealous!  She looks great and all the hard work she's been putting into it is paying off. 

So I want to do that as well.  I want to feel stronger and be able to run again.  So here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment