Friday, February 17, 2012

I Made it Below...

I weighed in yesterday and I'm officially at 179 pounds!  I've not stayed below 180 in years!!!  I've changed my eating habits and they will continue to get better as long as Ian has this FPIES stuff.  By then I hope it's a permanent eating lifestyle change. 

On a good note, I don't eat fast food often.  On Wednesday, we did McDonald's because we were strapped for time. Daniel got me a grilled chicken sandwich and fries.  (I would have ordered a salad, but he did good with the grilled portion.) I only had a bite of bread on the sandwich, but nothing else. Not even mayo!  As for the fries, I downed them! Ha!  But on a good note my body now hates a lot of fried foods and I have no desire to eat another batch of fries!  I love it! 

I am struggling with keeping enough veggies in the house and getting used to cooking every meal and trying to spice things up with healthy food. I luck out some because the kids are not big seafood eaters. I can buy a bag of frozen shrimp or fish and eat on them for a while and it keeps costs low.  With Ian's FPIES, I'm going to cut chicken and turkey out of my diet for a while.  It will be replaced with pork tenderloin, seafood and steak!  I also had to cut out green beans and sweet potatoes. Both have been a staple in my diet and are hard to let go.  Especially the green beans.  I love them roasted in the oven with garlic.  Mmmm!  A spinach salad is just not the same!  But I will go to any length to help the little man and I'm willing to do a whole lot of changing to see these pounds melt away.  Granted it's a slow melt, but they are coming off anyway!

My next big change will be going from milk to almond milk.  I love almond milk, but it's expensive!  Since Ian has reacted to me drinking milk before, I'm going to stop almost all dairy in my diet to see if it helps him along.  I also hope that it will keep my weight loss moving forward.

Previous weight - 184 (I was up to 187 but didn't post for a while)
Current weight - 179

No comments:

Post a Comment