Thursday, December 22, 2011

Couch to 5K

Starting in January, I'm going to train for a 5K. My goal is do my first race in April 2012.  I'm going to run 3 days a week until then. Training is going to be key for this little venture.  I wish I could say that I'm going to have a great food diet to go along with my new running prowess, but that will take a little more time to put in place.  I am going to start lowering my portion sizes in January and avoiding pasta as much as possible.  I've given myself the rest of the year as a freebie.  I'm eating what I want and not worrying too much about the consequences.  It will be hard letting that go, but I want to lose this fat that clings to me. It's dragging me down emotionally and is keeping my confidence down.  It's time for me to either accept the weight or do something about.  I think you know my choice.

2 comments:

  1. Well Deb...I am here with you!! Heath and I plan to run a 5K in the Fall, we were going to do it in April, but that doesn't give us enough time to train. I ran a 5K in April 2009 and I only trained about 2 months...I had a horrible experience, I hurt both of my legs and it took about 3 months to heal. So, with me being about 40lbs heavier, I know that it will take longer for me to build up my endurance. Maybe we can get together sometime and workout. I will encourage you as much as I can. We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! We are all going to make this happen. I'm getting back into running next week. My biggest challenge is going to be getting my eating under control. I think running will be the easy part!

    ReplyDelete